- Felix Herlihy (Istithmar World) saying don't rush into investments, as "everything" looks cheap these days! Invest in what you know.
- Pablo Fetter (Istithmar World): Dubai is the Miami of its region and very attractive place for investment
- Pablo Fetter: oil demand is down but supply is down too (Canada oil sands only make sense with like $80). So expect higher oil prices (~$70)
- Moderator: what is different in Latin American real estate and Dubai? Answer: We do things in "millions", but they do it here in "billions"!
- Latin American real estate panel participant: "Architecture" and nice buildings are good, but Dubai also needs to focus on "Urbanization"
(Follow us on twitter for quick updates related to venture capital and private equity in Dubai and the Middle East)
Previous Post: The Story of a Latin American PE Firm
Next Post: Middle East VC Firm Invests in a Jordan-based Media Company