Home » Middle Eastern Real Estate Investors »


|| Middle Eastern investors behind 20% of investments in prime central London real estate

ipglobal.jpgMiddle East investors are now behind 20 percent of all prime central London real estate deals following a rapid rise in interest over the past 12 months, according to a report by IP Global.

Demand for London property and especially its 'trophy' assets of Belgravia, Knightsbridge, Mayfair and Chelsea have traditionally been a key requirement for investors from the GCC, and IP Global predicts that Central London will continue to lead the pack in terms of growth throughout 2011.

To see a list of investors from the Middle East check our Middle East Investors Directory

Full details from IP Global follows.

IP Global, a leading property investment company specializing in securing prime investment opportunities in 20 emerging and developed markets around the world, today offers an update on the London real estate market, a sector that it places as one of the most attractive in the world in terms of Middle Eastern investment.

The firm highlights that overseas property investors now account for 48% of all prime central London property purchases, and in particular Middle Eastern buyers account for 20% of overall purchases, a figure that has risen rapidly over the past 12 months. Furthermore, 60% of all UAE investment has been in London, with the remaining 40% in Asia Pacific. This signals a positive outlook for London's property market, as it accounts for nearly 100% growth on IP Global's 2010 figures. Demand for London property and especially its 'trophy' assets of Belgravia, Knightsbridge, Mayfair and Chelsea have traditionally been a key requirement for investors from the GCC, and IP Global predicts that Central London will continue to lead the pack in terms of growth throughout 2011.

As well as having the requisite prestige factor, IP Global also notes that London also offers an attractive environment in which to "de-risk" during the current period of turbulence in some areas of the Middle East, and rising inflation in Asia. London has a sound economic and political infrastructure, mature legal frameworks and solid growth potential, whist maintaining a key stake in the global financial services sector. Another appealing factor is that Central London rents are currently at an all time high, and investors can expect an approximate rental yield of 4 to 6%.

Tim Murphy, CEO of IP Global, comments:

"London has emerged as one of the top property investment hotspots in the world, especially for Middle East investors. While London has always been a prime property market, factors such as the recent unrest in some parts of the Middle East and the rising inflation in Asia have added to London's appeal as a preferred investment destination for potential property buyers. London has seen a strong start to the year and we expect this to carry on through 2011.

As a final note, IP Global has pointed out that despite this strong demand, there is a fundamental shortage of supply, given that many of London's finest properties are listed and protected from future development. As a result newly built housing is being absorbed quickly into the market and premiums are being achieved above local embedded value.



Previous Post: Abu Dhabi Capital Management closed its private equity fund at $45 million
Next Post: Real Estate still popular among UAE investors - Barclays report

More from Middle Eastern Real Estate Investors ...


  Middle East investors of Rasmala acquired Abbvie House in UK for $35 million (June 2016)

  Middle East investors of Rasmala and GII acquired Airbus office complex in UK for $42 million (March 2016)

  Middle East investors to spend $15 billion per year in global real estate (August 2015)

  Middle East investors to spend $180 billion in global real estate over next decade (June 2014)

  Bahrain investment firm acquires US real estate assets valued at $250 million (November 2013)

  Middle East investors drive European commercial property market (September 2013)

  Saudi investors of Alkhabeer acquired real estate in Houston (September 2013)

  Abu Dhabi investment firm ADIC buys stake in Tokyo property (August 2013)

  Kuwait Investors acquired land in Morocco for $53 million (October 2012)

  Alkhabeer Capital to launch a $400 million fund (September 2012)




|| About Us

Established in 2007, DubaiBeat.com provides insight, analysis and research on Middle East investors.

We cover different asset class investors like private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and real estate investors from the Middle East and broader MENA region.


|| Subscribe















Copyright 2007-2017 DubaiBeat.com    Sitemap  |  Terms  |  Privacy Policy

Follow us: RSS Feed   Facebook    Twitter